Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mimosa with Samosa, Shekhar (Part-3)

"What happened?"
"Nothing"
"Why are you in the bed like that?"
"I don't feel like getting up"
"Then sleep"
"I don't feel sleepy"
"What's happening?"
"I don't know Shekhar, I just don't feel like doing anything other than be in bed"
"Do you want to go drop Ruchi to school, and go shopping for a while?"
"No. I don't have anything to buy. You drop her off. I have asked Manisha to pick her up from school for a few days"
"What's happening? Are you sick?"
"No. I feel all right. Just that I feel weak, and hate myself"
"For doing what?"
"I don't know. I feel like a horrible person"
"Vani, what did you do that you think you are horrible?"
"Shekhar, I love you"
"Uhm"
"Do you love me?"
"Is that something to ask?"
"Tell me"
"We have been married so long, I don't even remember anyone else that I fell in love with"
"But how about me? Do you love me?"
"Vani, do you love me?"
"Yes. I do"
"More than anyone else?"
"Yes, with all my heart"
"You wouldn't leave me for anyone else?"
"Why do you ask Shekhar.. you are the only person I ever want to be with"
"Well, just thought you might be interested in Brad Pitt. Apparently Angelina threw him out after he gave nanny a backrub"
"She is a witch. He deserves someone better"
"Everyone does. But are you ready to give up everything you have in a quest for an unknown better?"
"Shekhar is philosophical.. Ooohh.. That’s hot"
"Anything for you sweetheart"
"Love you"
"Where is your blackberry"
"I don't know. It discharged and I didn't bother to charge it"
"Do you want me to charge it for you"
"No, don't worry. There isn't any email that needs my attention"
"Are you sure?"
"A hundred percent"
"You want to get out of that bed? It's annoying to see you wrapped up in sheets"
"I am unemployed"
"You are not brain-dead"
"I feel miserable"
"There is a lot to do. Write"
"I don't feel like. It hurts to write"
"Oh, your carpel tunnel is back?"
"No, it hurts my heart"
"Hmm"
"I put words on paper to create something beautiful, but I end up baring my heart and feel like I stand naked, on the internet"
"And strangers want to have sex with you?"
"Uhm. Only I don't like it"
"Having sex with strangers, or having sex virtually?"
"Shekhar.."
"I am just joking baby"
"I don't want to write ever again, read anything ever again. I want my slavery back. I want to be tied down to my cubicle"
"Be tied down to me"
"I always am"
"Without distractions"
"Uhmm"
"Without invisible intrusions"
"Shekhar. I love you"
"Don’t cry early in the morning.. It's a beautiful day. Go out biking.. Do you want me to go to work late and spend some time with me?"
"No, I want to be alone"
"I can't leave you alone like this"
"I can't share my hurt with you"
"I know what hurts you"
"No you don't"
"Losing something you thought you love hurts"
"I didn't lose Shekhar, I let go"
"You will find a new job, and everything will be alright, again"
"It's not about a job Shekhar"
"Shh.. I don't want to know anything else now. Go, change, and we will go biking on the trail, all the way to the beach. Let's see of you have it in you to race me"
"I love you"
"Enough of the sappiness early in the morning. Lets' go and catch early rays"
"I have my sun right next to me"
"Unfortunately there are dark corners that I haven't seen"
"What you didn't see will not bother you"
"I heard of the walls that need a light, but not a sun to light up"
"Damn those walls"
"I want to break those walls, and light up every corner"
"Let go, before you turn a poet"
"You like men who write poetry, right?"
"No, I don't"
"Yes you do. Like your friend who tapes poems to wife's dashboard"
"I think it's a lie"
"But do you want me to do that? Tell me if you want to.. I will steal a poem from the internet and dedicate it to you"
"I want you, as you are"
"Do you love me the way I am?"
"I do. I don't want you to change"
"I want you to change"
"Huh?"
"Love me with all your heart, tell me everything that hurts you. Don't ever be the Vani I don't know anything about"
"I won't be.. Promise. I love you"